Customer Experience Manager
The Rio Theater is a historic movie theater and cafe located in beautiful Monte Rio, CA. Purchased a year ago by a group of friends from Sonoma County and the Bay Area, our mission is to engage the community in creating an inclusive and fun venue that serves as a relaxing gathering place for both locals and visitors. In addition to screening first-run films, we host creative events and festivals at the Rio, as well as offer a unique event space for people and organizations looking for a scenic place to come together in the heart of the Russian River Valley.
The Rio Theater is looking for a Customer Experience Manager to boldly lead the creation of an arts and culture center in the Russian River valley. They will be directly responsible for oversight of programmatic and operational excellence, as well as growing the public event and private rental aspect of the business. This covers managing a fantastic staff, daily theater operations, cash flow reporting, budget management and accounting. This person will be directly responsible for the development and execution of programming aimed at generating increased revenue and producing amazing experiences for locals and visitors alike.
This is the ultimate opportunity to lead an amazing cultural organization and socially responsible business. The ideal candidate has the unique mix of creative energy to help people imagine and realize amazing events at the Rio, along with the programmatic and event experience required to make sure details are handled to ensure the staff and customers enjoy operational excellence.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
60% Business Development/Events Management + 40% Day-to-Day Operations
- Research and build lead database working with existing Investor network, corporate event planners and wedding planners, as well as through Sonoma county outreach
- Drive Sales cycle from leads to revenue managing pipeline of public and private rentals
- Build awareness of the Rio as a destination event location in Sonoma and the Bay Area
- Manage, explore and secure new partnerships for revenue generation and marketing opportunities
- Regularly report to the Board on sales, pipeline, and opportunities
- Execution of special programming -- both public and private -- at the Rio.
- Develop new product offerings for event rentals at the Rio
- Work to develop digital and physical marketing material
- Ensure positive customer experience at all touch points
Day-to-day Operations Oversight
- Manage revenues and expenses of day-to-day theater and event operations, ensuring profitability
- Manage and lead the Rio Theater and events team, including development of operational systems
- Recruitment and hiring of additional team members, and effective management of existing team with a focus on high level of customer service as well as profitability
- Develop and manage annual budget with the Rio board, including cash flow reporting structure
- Conduct inventory management, ordering, and vendor relations for the theater
- Manage all vendor relations and invoices. Source goods for theater concessions either through delivery system or shopping in Santa Rosa
- Clear understanding of how to run the movie projector, AV equipment, and working to fix the issue in house before bringing in hired labor
- Manage the relationship with movie distribution networks
- Respond to community and customer requests related to programming
The ideal General Manager will exhibit the following qualities and provide proof of the following experience:
- Excellent self-awareness and professionalism
- Experience creating and managing a budget with tight control of cash flow
- Keen sense of small business management of tight margins
- Experience building operational systems in service industry
- Professional experience as a manager
- Strong understanding of the Russian River Valley business and service industry scene
Successful Candidates will be 21 years or older, live in, or move to, the Monte Rio/Guerneville region, have their own vehicle and a clean driving record. We will prioritize management experience in the service/retail industry and candidates who have exhibited a ‘hands-on’ approach to work. Finally, interest in social enterprise, running a green operation, and other change sectors a plus. All inquires should submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Rio Theater is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Rio to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment and employees and not to discriminate because of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, personal appearance, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, genetic information, or political affiliation. Equal employment opportunities will be provided in employment, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
People from communities that traditionally experience discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity or immigration status; women; people with disabilities; and LGBT people are especially encouraged to apply.